The dignity of Human life is something that God does not take for granted and neither should we.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Wesley Snipes and American freedom

I am not a fan of Wesley Snipes. I have seen 15 minutes of "Blade" and his acting reminded me that "Babe" should have won an Oscar. Having said that, I am glad he and his legal team defeated the IRS today in its fraud case against him.
Why?
Because, in my view the U.S. government has grown like a cancer to encompass nearly all of American life and I am glad when a citizen beats back the growth of the monolithic monster.

Did Mr. Snipes' celebrity help him? Sure. So did his race. Sadly, his pocketbook also saved him because he was able to buy the services of the best lawyers, which means that you or I would have been convicted on all counts because our lawyer would have farted like a pack mule during the closing arguments.

How does this affect you and I? As soon as I become an African-American film star I plan to stop paying all taxes!

No comments: